Best connections for the industry
Adding value to your supply chain with precise solutions for the industrial sector.
At DB Schenker, we do not just move goods from one place to another, we add value by providing an integrated, end-to-end supply chain approach that flexibly aligns strategies, resources, business processes and technologies together with you, hereby allowing to focus on your core competences.
DB Schenker offer industrial companies individual and flexible logistics solutions based on our many years of transport and supply chain experience. We work with many industrial market segments customers to offer them tailored cost effective and service sensitive logistics solutions packages.
The Industrial market segments covers:
- Industrial Machinery & Products
Large engines, Power boilers, Metalworking equipment/ machinery, Heavy trucks, Wood & plastic machinery, Escalators & elevators, Tooling & components & etc.
- Industrial Automation
Automation and Control products like PLC, Control valves, Material handling control systems, Robotics, Sensors & sensor-based equipment & etc.
- Power & Industrial Equipment
Generators and sets, Switchgears, Power cables, Wind turbines, Renewable energy and batteries & etc.
Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, Cooling Equipments, Commercial refrigeration & etc.
At DB Schenker, we offer you comprehensive and exclusive supply chain management solutions. Our services include:
- Supply Chain Strategy and Planning: SCM Consulting, Logistics Process Engineering, Network Design and Facility Layout Design.
To compete and grow in today’s increasingly competitive environment, trends can be seen where more and more Industrial companies are sourcing their materials globally and in low cost countries, shifting their manufacturing base closer to their emerging customer base.
- Warehouse & Distribution management: VMI, Raw Material Hub, Finished Goods/ & Consolidation Hub, Warehouse planning, Inventory planning & management, Order management, Pick and Pack, Cross docking, Customer Service and Value added services including Labeling, Light assembly, Quality checking, Testing, Kitting & etc.
DB Schenker has significant experience in managing and handling the supply chain of these industrial products, from transporting the huge bulky equipment like switchgears using special overhead cranes or flat bed trailer from manufacturing plants to remote sites, to storing and handling heavy long products such as steel rods using cantilevers or/ & enhanced floor tonnage warehouse and special material handling equipments.
- After Sales & Logistics solutions: Spare & Service Parts Management, Returns & Repair Management, RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), Exchange Parts Management.
Having a strong after sales service clearly differentiates the Industrial companies from their competitors, enhances their competitive edge and strengthens customer loyalty. This would mean shorter lead-time, high quality and responsive service.
Together with our customers, DB Schenker provides the ultimate customer experience for their end customers with our committed services.
Last modified: 22.07.2014